7 Awesome Beard Maintenance Tips for Awesome Beards
When it comes to beards, some men just become obsessive. If you are one of those who have finally grown a thick beard after months of not shaving, you might want to start looking into how you can maintain it and make it look even better.
Maintaining and grooming your beard is just as important as growing it. From using beard oils to using beard straighteners, you should look into all possible ways you can attend to your beard. Here, we share awesome tips so you can start sporting that awesome beard. We have divided them into sections so it’s easier for you to follow.
A vital part of maintaining your beard is to ensure that you take proper care of it. After all, you can’t groom a beard that's such a mess.
1. Use beard oil: Like the hair on the head, your beard needs hydration too. This is why you need to use beard oils. Washing your beard can effectively remove dirt but it can also strip away its natural oils. To make up for that, apply a good amount of beard oil so you keep it conditioned.
2. Use a beard balm: A waxier form of beard butter, beard balm helps provide hydration to your beard. So, it's not necessary to use both oil and balm at the same time. If you are not comfortable with beard oils, then beard balms might be a good alternative.
3. Have beard tools handy: Okay, so you have the hydration taken care of. However, there are times when your beard might grow in unnecessary directions. To alleviate this, you should always have the right beard tools handy. Secure beard combs, beard brushes, and scissors to train and trim the beard if needed.
4. Use the right beard wash: Washing your beard every day is not necessary. As we’ve said, doing so will make the beard dry. But, if you do wash your beard, you should use a beard wash containing moisturizing ingredients to keep your beard away from dryness.
5. Don’t forget the beard softener: After using a beard wash, it's important that you use a beard softener. Let it sit for a while when you are in the shower. In some cases, you might not need to use oils and balms after.
The final phase of beard maintenance is grooming. You want your beard to look even better when you go out. So, after taking good care of your beard, you want to groom it nicely by following these simple tips.
6. Use a styling balm: A styling balm for a beard is like a styling gel for the hair. But, you have to be careful in buying a styling balm. Make sure that the formulation is not too strong to avoid beard damage. Look for a foamy balm so you can get the right volume without getting uncomfortable with the product's weight.
7. Use a beard straightener: Some men do not like a lot of products in their beard. In this situation, you can use a beard straightener to keep your beard in place. Try to look for beard straighteners that are designed like a brush and have the function of adjusting the temperature. Remember that you are applying heat to your facial hair. You don’t want to burn your skin while grooming your beard.
There are other options when it comes to beard maintenance and grooming. But, the tips we shared above are the most basic things that we feel every bearded man should know.